Freedom-jazz is a popular cover band, created in 2008 in Ukraine by the famous director and producer - Lena Kolyadenko.
Freedom-jazz is a unique musical band because it consists of 10 only female professional musicians: a trio of vocalists, a group of saxophonists, a trumpeter, a bass player, a keyboard player and a drummer. Freedom-jazz girls band presents their show in the genre of jazz cabaret, which is filled with the synthesis of music, dance and theater. All cover versions of Freedom-jazz are always served with a “special sauce”. Famous world hits covered by them sound fresh and unexpected. If you get to their show, by the end of the evening you will be a part of this action in any case. Girls will brilliantly, subtly, with humor and infectious charm involve every visitor to their show.
Nowadays, Freedom-jazz successfully tours around the world and has become an integral part of any holiday, presidential reception, music festivals, business parties, club concerts and television shows. Either in the musical Freedom-jazz style, or in the visual images the participants are always eccentric, bright, sometimes frank and, most importantly, always recognizable.
Unknown facts about Freedom-jazz:
* Luke Besson sang with Freedom-jazz
* On one occasion, under the Freedom-jazz’s cover of Amy Winehouse song, Seal danced under the stage and forgot about his own performance, which should start in a few minutes.
* Eric Serra - a famous French composer, in fact, he is the author of the soundtrack for the Luke Besson’s movies, was so enthusiastic about the Freedom-jazz show, that he literally pursued the singers at the afterparty.
* Michael Madsen, a Hollywood actor, had flown to the Ukrainian TV show "Evening Kiev", and while heard the cover of the famous "Sing Sing Sing" by Freedom-jazz, said: "Why are these beauties still not in Hollywood?"
* Lionel Richie - American pop singer was fascinated by the tenfold beauty of the Freedom-Jazz that asked them about common picture.
* Thomas Anders was so enchanted by the play and beauty of Freedom-Jazz’s trumpeter Svetlana, that forgot the words of his own song.
“Cupidon” - 3:01
Ukrainian national selection for Eurovision - 3:41